Sunday, September 10, 2006

New problems

Oh, man, just when I thought things were looking up, and my teeth were getting back to normal, one of them started to crumble today. From what I can tell, a piece of the tooth must have chipped off somehow, and it feels really weird on the inside. I can feel the sharp edges of the filling with my tongue. I think this is the tooth that one dentist told me had a crack in it. It's probably going to have to go. Dammit. That makes 3 teeth that are going to have to be pulled soon....I hope, of course, that it can just have a crown put on it, but with my dental luck that's doubtful.

On the bright side, I really do feel that the perio treatments I've had are making a huge difference. I'm sure the pockets are getting smaller, and I'm sure I'm growing bone back again. I believe I'll be able to keep 23 or 24 teeth (as opposed to having 14 of them yanked, as the first dentist wanted to do), and while it's a long way off, I do expect to have a great looking smile someday.

After all the necessary extractions, replaced fillings, and what not, I'm still going to be faced with the question: veneers or not veneers?

No comments: