Sunday, October 22, 2006

Whoosh

So it's been ages since I last posted, and that's mostly because right now it's just a waiting game. We won't know if the Emdogain is working for a while yet, and no additional dental work can be done until the bone is regenerated to a certain point. But the office hooked me up with a WaterPick, something I've never used before but now I'll never be without. Really, it's a great appliance, once you get the hang of it.

Remember that scene from Roxanne where the firefighters are practicing with the firehose and it's totally out of control, and the hose is whipping them all over the place? That's what I felt like the first couple of times I used my Waterpick, but once I got the hang of it, by God it's a miracle. Not to be too gross, but the fact is that little bits of stuff come out from between the teeth, even after a thorough brushing. It's better than flossing, in my opinion.

I also had a silly thought the other day. I was cleaning the kitchen, the perennial chore, and I realized I spend MORE time every day cleaning the kitchen than I do taking care of my mouth. THAT's sad.

No comments: