Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Power Point

WEll, I'm back from my consultation, and let me tell you, peeps, I am totally freaked out. Completely! There's too much to tell in one post, so I'll just start and then add more tomorrow. Basically I just sat through an hour long Power Point presentation on how I need all my uppers yanked and implants put in.

Suffice it to say there is NOTHING worse than seeing a giant image of yourself cast up on a huge screen, from 14 different angles. He starts with the basic image -- there you are grinning like a goddamn idiot with the hideous smile, gaps and all, staring back at you. Honestly, at first all I could see was this hair that's growing on my upper lip! Omigod!!!! One huge ugly hair! I wanted to rush home and tweeze the damn thing out right there. The picture was so magnified that you could see every pore, every every every thing. Then he moves on to the most godawful closeups of the inside of the mouth. omigod. I think I'm going to be sick! He points out all the areas of this and that and calculus and puffiness and abcess and infection and and and....

but guess what? I don't have a single cavity. Nor any erosion of the teeth themselves. Now, it just seems wrong to pull out 12 (er..how many teeth are up there anyway?) or 14 perfectly sound teeth.

The lowers seem reasonably okay, a little work and they'll be fine.

And the kicker -- he'd never heard of Emdogain.

Oh I have so much more to tell, but I'm completely wasted and exhausted right now so it'll have to wait......

No comments: