Thursday, July 20, 2006

2nd appt

Well, today is my second appointment with JC. I'm not so much frightened as I am just dreading it. For some reason I have a hard time getting numb in certain places and it just plain hurts. So I'm just going to see how it goes, ask for Valium, and try to relax. I hope we can do two quadrants but maybe I can only bear one at a time. I'll decide while I'm in the chair, and I'll report back when I get home -- assuming Im in any shape to type.

I need to update you, also, on the fact that I will, in fact, have to have three teeth extracted. It seems that every time someone takes a close look inside my mouth, they find something else that needs to be forcibly removed. More on this later....

A brief note...my boyfriend hasn't been to a dentist in ten years. The last time he was there, a dentist told him he needed a root canal. He never went back. This is, apparently, a common story. The tooth has deteriorated and now gives him constant pain, so he's finally agreed to go to the dentist (he's a bigger phobic than me, it turns out!) during my next JC appointment. So we'll be a household in pain for the next few months...

No comments: