Wednesday, July 05, 2006

JC

Well, I had my appointment with JC this morning -- no, not Jesus Christ, but she may be the new Messiah! I have her permission to use her name and to direct you to her website. She's Judy Carroll, her website is here, and I'm a fan. Her philosophy and methods are different from anyone I've encountered before, she's using cutting edge techniques, and she has a great attitude! And if you've been following my blog, you know I'm a cynic! Judy works out of an office in North Seattle (Lynnwood, to be exact). Not a great neighborhood, but once you enter the office you feel quite calm and in good hands. A great water feature, a comfy waiting room, and short waits. I filled out the necessary forms and went to the bathroom. While I was in there, I heard my name being called. Now that's quick!

Judy practices perioscopy, which is extreme cleaning, planing and scaling using a tiny tiny micro camera and tool. She also does Emdogain without surgery, which was a huge relief to me! I have been adamant all along that I want Emdogain, ever since I found out about it, but was not looking forward to the surgical procedure that most dentists use. So I needed no convincing about any of this. I am on board and motivated!

The dentist Judy works with (can't recall her name right now, but she's a wonderful person) stopped in and we talked about my dental needs beyond the periodontal disease. At some point, I actually may have a beautiful smile! Even if it is veneers -- at least they'll be supported by (mostly) my real teeth! I will need a couple extracted, they're just too far gone. And I'm okay with that.

Initial payments for two sessions of deep cleaning and Emdogain will run me about $4000, or a little less. Yes, that's a TON of money, and insurance will pay little or none, but again, I'm motivated and can live with that amount, for what I'll get. First appointment (FOUR hours) will be next Tuesday, July 11. I don't know what kind of shape I'll be in for blogging that day, but I'll try.

Judy accepts (and has) patients from all over the world. Check out her website before you submit to having all your teeth pulled. Or put it off for a few months, until I can give you a more complete review of how things go for me. Maybe she'll be the answer you're looking for.

It's early days yet, and I haven't actually been treated so my information is really only what I've read and heard. I will definitely keep you posted, though!

No comments: